Friday, February 10, 2012

Settings..!!

 The Aithor Ueses Geat Description When He Is Explaining Soome Like Whats Going Thriugh The Head Of The Main Charyer. He Uses Sentences Like ,  "And then, when my head was well in the room, I undid the lantern cautiously--oh, so cautiously--cautiously (for the hinges creaked)" To Discribe What Id Happing At TRhat Point And Tiime And Also Givieing Detaills.! He Also Used Discription Like  "I then took up three planks from the flooring of the chamber, and deposited all between the scantlings. I then replaced the boards so cleverly, so cunningly, that no human eye--not even his--could have detected anything wrong. There was nothing to wash out--no stain of any kind--no blood-spot whatever. I had been too wary for that. A tub had caught all--ha! ha!" The Poem Is The Tell Tell Heart. By Edgar Allen Poe.

1 comment:

  1. How does the setting influence the mood? What is the mood Poe is after? You quoted directly from the story but missed the point of this blog: the connection between the setting and the mood.

    ReplyDelete